Electronic Databases A-Z List
A | B | C | D | E | F |
G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
(click on the letter for quick access)
- Adult Learning Center
- Designed to support adult learners and job seekers with services that include GED prep, 24/7 Writing Lab, Live Tutoring, Skills Building, Career Resources, U.S. Citizenship Prep, Microsoft Office Essential Skills Series, and 24/7 Question Center.
- AncestryPlus (ProQuest)
- Find billions of records from around the world, including census and vital records, immigration and passport records, plus periodicals, books and photos. (Can only be used inside the library.)
- Auto Repair Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Find step-by-step auto repair procedures written specifically for the Do-It-Yourselfer, but comprehensive enough for professional technicians.
- Biography Reference Center (EBSCO)
- A collection of biographical information on over 400,000 people throughout history, around the world, and across disciplines.
- Read along with an animated picture book from Weston Woods, then test your knowledge with puzzles and quizzes.
- Live tutoring homework help and writing lab available seven days a week between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., EST. Spanish-speaking tutors available.
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- Access more than 2,300 journals and magazines in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, accounting, and finance.
- Explora - Educators Edition
- Highlights content relevant to teachers, including lesson plans, curriculum standards, and other professional development resources.
- Explora - Primary Schools
- Designed specifically for elementary school students, this database provides access to popular full-text magazines for elementary school research.
- Explora - Public Libraries
- This easy-to-use online tool supports successful research by providing access to reputable articles, essays, and primary source documents on topics ranging from arts and literature to science and math.
- Explora - Secondary Schools
- Offers the most complete collection of full-text reference resources available for middle schools.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- The online version of this classic source of fast facts.
- Gale Courses
- More than 300 six-week online classes on a variety of topics, including business, technology, health care, personal development, the arts, and hobbies.
- Genealogy Connect (Gale)
- Features research and e-books on topics such as genealogy best practices, immigration, Atlantic states, the American Revolution, and much more.
- Grzimeks Animal Life Encyclopedia
- A completely revised and updated version of the original work published in Germany in 1960, this edition incorporates recent developments in the animal world.
- Heritage Quest (ProQuest)
- Some overlap with Ancestry.com, but this tool has a strong collection of family and local history e-books, and is also accessible from your home computer.
- History Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Search for historical information from around the globe and across time periods. Includes info on topics such as the Renaissance, the modern Middle East, Latin America, and more.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
- This database offers detailed how-to instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines, including Bead & Button, Creative Knitting, FineScale Modeler, Quilter's World and many more.
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- This database provides users with detailed, user-friendly how-to information covering all manner of home improvement/repair projects. It features full-text content from leading home improvement magazines, images not found anywhere else online, and videos of popular home repair projects.
- Stream and temporarily download movies, television shows, music albums and audiobooks from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers. Follow the “Sign Up” instructions to begin and then “Sign In” on subsequent visits.
- Literary Reference Center (EBSCO)
- A comprehensive collection of author biographies, plot summaries, and book reviews, plus short stories, author interviews, and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO)
- A huge collection of full-text magazines, trade publications, and scholarly materials. Includes Consumer Reports.
- Newsbank Local Newspapers of Delmarva
- Search full-text current and archived articles. Publications include the Bay Times (8/2/06-Current), The Capital (1/1/02-Current), Dorchester Star (6/30/06-Current), Kent County News (11/30/06-Current), Record Observer (8/4/06-Current) , Star Democrat (11/16/05-Current), Sunday Star (11/13/05-Current), and the Times Record (8/2/06-Current).
- NoveList Plus
- Adults and teens can find books of interest by searching for favorite authors or genres. Read book reviews and see best-of lists.
- Download eBooks and digital audiobooks to a computer, mobile device or your MP3 player. Please see our eBooks FAQ for more information.
- Reference USA
- Used by entrepreneurs, businesses, students, job-seekers or anyone wanting access to information on tens of millions of businesses and hundreds of millions of consumers in an easy to search format.
- Regional Business News (EBSCO)
- Find articles from more than 80 local business publications from across the United States and Canada.
- Rosetta Stone
- Use the award-winning interactive approach to learn any one of 30 languages.
- Science Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Search science oriented reference sources, science journals, biographies, and science related animations, videos, and images.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
- Offers assistance in providing routine maintenance (tune-ups, brake service, etc.) as well as extensive repairs (engine and transmission disassembly) and allows users to search by product type, brand, model/engine type, specific area of model/engine type, and model numbers.
- Testing and Education Reference Center (Gale)
- Practice tests, courses, and test prep e-books for SAT, ACT, GED, and other major job tests, plus a scholarship and college search tool.
- Children can watch a streaming video, read a nonfiction book, then further explore and research the subject matter through TrueFlix. TrueFlix also provides ideas and goals to assist beginning researchers with projects and homework assignments.
- TumbleBooks are interactive picture books that children can read or have read to them.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
- Easy-to-understand information on 194 countries and dependencies from around the world. Entries discuss a variety of topics in detail, from banking and securities to climate, from government data to demographic statistics.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the States
- Details current geographical, social, and political data, historical narrative, and statistical information on the 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Caribbean and Pacific dependencies of the United States. Maps, tables, flags and official state seals are included.
- Download full digital copies of your favorite magazines and view them on your computer or mobile device -- just create a free account with your library card via RB Digital.User Guide.
[to the top]